banner
SongRamp 2.0 - A World-wide, Member-Owned Site for Songwriters!

The Thread

Dave Rice said...

Only Lady Slinn could have said that without the Censors knocking us off the airwaves. (Uh oh, I've relapsed deep into my memory chest of WWII!) LOL! I'm guessing she is feeling better, getting back to her sassy, sweet self among those who "worship at her shrine." Any day now, she's going to surprise us with another musical treasure... and I'm going to be so happy!

----Dave

...and yes, O.D. .... Ellen would probably "lawyer up" and banish me from marital bliss forever... 'cause your naughty reputation precedes you. (Hangs around with the likes of that Gee Woman and a Nashville Crowd of musical ruffians!)  On the other hand, you might be treated to a German Chocolate Cream Cake or some other rare delicacy. 'Ya never know in Glen Rose! I wish you would bring Eddie Minyard with you. I think I could arrange a key to the city... or maybe the city jail... for him!

Would not be the first time for either option, buddy.

I must hurry and catch them, for I am their Leader.
Hey Eddie:

There was such a long, pregnant pause before anyone began replying, I was concerned I may have accidentally insulted someone. (Never, never my intention!) I always assume Diane Gee-Frasca knows I'm kidding... but since you and I have actually never met, I want you to know... the Keys to the City will be all you receive from me if you are ever down this way!

I suspect your job has only become more difficult with John's passing and want you to know how much you are appreciated.

As for Dan the Man... he is obviously in Hog-Heaven down there in Florida. I'm praying that a stray sinkhole does not work its way over to the Villages. LOL! It would probably take too long to establish a "Go Fund Me" account for a large crane and excavator to attempt an extraction! Oblivious is the operative word when it comes to the "Young at Heart"... like Dan!

Later, ----Dave
The Villages does have the occasional sink hole. My 1st time down I ask the same question, told no. The next day I saw one right under the driveway of a brand new home. They were filling it with concrete. That is always a possibility in Florida.
I would be looking into acquiring a "Jet-Pack" and keeping that thing handy at all times! Let's hope they ran a ground penetrating radar unit over your lot before building!

Have fun and stay safe.
I just stay at the hotel down here. We came down 3 times in the past 2 months. If it weren't for my 2 grandsons, TNT couldn't blow me out of here. I'm off to the club and I'm walkin, the party starts at 6pm here and is over by 11. We old you know.

Would not be the first time for either option, buddy.

You fu***ing talking 'bout me Boss?

Censors don't fu***ing bother me ...

... bunch of ba****rds.

Gilly Slinn said...

You fu***ing talking 'bout me Boss?

Censors don't fu***ing bother me ...

... bunch of ba****rds.

I was referring to getting the keys to the city or the jail...
I must hurry and catch them, for I am their Leader.

Mine wuz both.

The city jail, that is ....
Siddie City
Hi Folks, here's a good story. Back in about 1975, I was 20 yrs of age and worked at a metal fabricating and machine company, This guy was my boss. I learned alot of the tricks of the trades from him and we did all sorts of things outside of working hours. The company we worked for was in the Tennessee boondocks. He would tells us all these outlandish stories of things he had done in his life. Us young men didn't call him a liar, primarily due to his size and being our boss but we sure rolled our eyes alot when he wasn't looking. We always thought if you that great, what the F*** you doing working out here in the boonies with us, never said it. Come to find out according to his obituary Sumbeech wouldn't lying !

Robert Vincent

Robert F. "Vince" Vincent, 78, of Hixson, went to be with Jesus Christ, Tuesday, Dec. 8, 2009, at his residence.

Mr. Vincent was a former Police Sergeant with the Miami Beach Florida Police Department. He was a superior motorcyclist with the department's elite motorcycle squad. He also worked for the Marine Lab at the University of Miami with Jacques Cousteau and was captain of the marine research ship "Gerta." He worked in the marine lab in many phases. He was a phenomenal sailor and was a member of the Privateer Yacht Club. He loved the ocean and the sky and was involved in many exciting adventures during his many careers.

One adventure, featured in National Geographic and Life magazines, told the story of he and a policeman friend who were lost at sea when their boat sank. With his strong willpower, Mr. Vincent survived by swimming for 72 hours.

Mr. Vincent also worked in movies with actors Frank Sinatra and Keenan Wynn racing motorcycles and leading parades down Miami Beach. Actor Jackie Gleason was a close friend.

His last place of employment was with Card-Monroe Corporation in Hixson. Mr. Vincent was a builder and pilot of many airplanes. He was an experimental aircraft member and flyer. He built over a hundred large RC planes and one experimental plane, and was a member of the Radio Control Club. Mr. Vincent was an active member of South Soddy Baptist Church for 20 years. He lived an adventurous life and will be missed by all who loved him.

He is survived by his wife, Dr. Dottie Vincent; daughter, Beverly Averitt Foust (David) and his "Golden" Lily.

There will be no services or visitation.

In lieu of flowers, remember all the unwanted animals in animal shelters. This act of kindness will please him more than anything.
I always take time to read OD's novellas and consider him well schooled in the technical aspects of grammar

I'm just a dumb ole hillbilly and ask him, what do you call that thing at the end of a sentence ?

OD replies, parole !

I don't think they have a jail in Sidmouth. 

Gilly Slinn said...

I don't think they have a jail in Sidmouth. 

True. We did have, but it wuz flattened, and is now posh housing off Mill Street.
Still got the barred window as a feature in the entrance wall.... quaint eh?
Plus - we don't have an operational police station either.

Which is how come the rowdy octogenarians on batricars are rampaging through the streets every evening after they've overdosed on Ovaltine.

It's a lawless place, donchaknow....

Siddie City

Hey Dan, very interesting story about the life of your friend Robert Vincent.  Quite a life he led and quite a man he was. Seriously his story was quite moving.

Now maybe you will believe the Old Dog from now on, when I tell you my stories.  Ha!!!

OD

OD OldDog said...

Hey Dan, very interesting story about the life of your friend Robert Vincent.  Quite a life he led and quite a man he was. Seriously his story was quite moving.

Now maybe you will believe the Old Dog from now on, when I tell you my stories.  Ha!!!

OD

Us young guys always referred to him as bullshattin Bob.
We didn't buy his tales for a minute. I guess that shows what we knew.
I talk a lot of smack for someone who falls over puttin on their underwear
This thread needs a good kick up the arse.

Or three hundred joules bi-phasic defib - before it goes tits up.

Dr Gilly (arse kicker and deranged defibber)

So there.

Gilly Slinn said...

This thread needs a good kick up the arse.

Or three hundred joules bi-phasic defib - before it goes tits up.

Dr Gilly (arse kicker and deranged defibber)

So there.

What a shocking thing to say, you'll get to kick my arse in person soon .
Mike Prather

So you're coming over to the UK in April with the rest of the gang Mikey?

Fantastic !!!!   

Yay! Great to know you'll be coming too Mike!
Siddie City
Yep I'll be there, England may never be the same!
Mike Prather

Yep I'll be there, England may never be the same!

And neither will you Mikey !  

England does strange things to the unwary visitor.  

Gilly Slinn said...

And neither will you Mikey !  

England does strange things to the unwary visitor.  

Uh oh, do I need to gird my loins?  
Mike Prather

Uh oh, do I need to gird my loins?  

I would if I were you, but that's pretty general advice for anyone visiting Devon.

Other stuff:

Drinking:
The beer here is a bit different to American beers. We go crazy and make it with malt and hops.
And a few dead rats too.
DO NOT DRINK THE CIDER! That's made as above, less the malt and hops, plus apples, plus many more dead rodents.
So good advice here is to pack a stomach pump.

Travelling:
We drive on the left, which is the right side to drive on. That's not to say be drive on the right, coz that wouldn't be right. It's left up to you to figure out roundabouts - but give way to the right. But don't drive on the right, coz that wouldn't be right. Just give way to the right .... And give way to oap's on mobility scooters too, (like me, that is).
Anyway, good advice here is to pack body armour. And a crash helmet. P'raps shin pads as well.

Women:
Wild, wild women down here in Devon.
One cup of Ovaltine and they're anybodies, so watch yourself, or you'll wind up in a threesome with twin octagenarian brunettes.
Good advice here is to either
a) dress like a 90 year old woman, (pack a few changes of girly outfits) or
b) book two extra seats on the return flight - you'll be taking this pair home !

Customs:
You may have difficulty explaining the stomach pump, crash helmet, body armour, shin pads and ladies underwear in your suitcase.
Greet the nice customs gentleman with a smile, even when he puts on the latex gloves and asks you to bend over.
Good advice here:
Smile!
Laugh!
Have fun!
(He certainly will.....)

Siddie City
Tee Cee said...

I would if I were you, but that's pretty general advice for anyone visiting Devon.

Other stuff:

Drinking:
The beer here is a bit different to American beers. We go crazy and make it with malt and hops.
And a few dead rats too.
DO NOT DRINK THE CIDER! That's made as above, less the malt and hops, plus apples, plus many more dead rodents.
So good advice here is to pack a stomach pump.

Travelling:
We drive on the left, which is the right side to drive on. That's not to say be drive on the right, coz that wouldn't be right. It's left up to you to figure out roundabouts - but give way to the right. But don't drive on the right, coz that wouldn't be right. Just give way to the right .... And give way to oap's on mobility scooters too, (like me, that is).
Anyway, good advice here is to pack body armour. And a crash helmet. P'raps shin pads as well.

Women:
Wild, wild women down here in Devon.
One cup of Ovaltine and they're anybodies, so watch yourself, or you'll wind up in a threesome with twin octagenarian brunettes.
Good advice here is to either
a) dress like a 90 year old woman, (pack a few changes of girly outfits) or
b) book two extra seats on the return flight - you'll be taking this pair home !

Customs:
You may have difficulty explaining the stomach pump, crash helmet, body armour, shin pads and ladies underwear in your suitcase.
Greet the nice customs gentleman with a smile, even when he puts on the latex gloves and asks you to bend over.
Good advice here:
Smile!
Laugh!
Have fun!
(He certainly will.....)

Well Tee Cee, you've certainly given me a lot to consider, 

Take care on the beer
No on the Not Apple Cider
Driving on the left is right, right? 
Bring large luggage with air supplies
At Customs, Stay Loose and at ease!

Thanks for your help my friend, got it sussed now. 
Mike Prather
Sound advice from Mister Tee.

I have little else to add -  hang on to yer knicker elastic - beware the beer, it creeps up on you, and before you know it yer waking up , covered head to toe in pig shit in a field otherwise occupied by Old Harry's prize hogs, having proposed marriage to Stinkin' Nora, who holds you in a vice-like grip, with her spare trotter on the trigger of a twelve-bore, the barrels of which poke menacingly from the hem of a manure-encrusted wedding dress.
But heck - if you can't let yer hair down once in a while eh?  

More invaluable advice as and when I think of something.